Earlier this week the Sitefinity team announced the availability of Sitefinity 3.7 SP4. This update is now available in the downloads section of your account.
The primary benefits of this release include:
- Support for .NET 4.0
- Performance improvements for large numbers of generic content items (News, Blogs, etc)
- The latest RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX
- Support for new languages (Turkish, Slovenian, Bulgarian)
- Lots of fixes for issues your reported
Be sure to backup your web site and read the upgrade instructions before attempting to apply this service pack. For additional help, I uploaded a video showing the upgrade process I used for Sitefinity Watch:
Watch the full-sized video on Telerik TV.
Upgrading to .NET 4.0?
If you’re upgrading your web site to .NET 4.0 while applying this patch, be to ensure that the .NET 4.0 Framework is installed on your web server. In addition, you might need to make configuration changes to IIS to switch the target framework for your web site to .NET 4.0. I failed to do this for Sitefinity Watch and received the following error:
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Framework' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.
After I modified my web site, through IIS, to use .NET 4.0 this error went away.
Full Details – What’s New in Sitefinity 3.7 SP4
Below are the full details for what can be found in this service pack.
What's New in Sitefinity 3.7 SP4
- Support for NET4.0
- RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX version 2010 Q2 SP1
- Turkish localization resources
- Slovenian localization resources
- Bulgarian localization resources
- LinkParser issue in Generic Content modules and GenericContent control
- LinkPareser issue with anchor in the URL n Generic Content modules and GenericContent control
- Fixes on LinkResolver and multilingual website (link resolving on multilingual web sites) using QueryString persistence mode
- Urls were decoded in Generic Content control when the content is saved.
- sfref attribute is now properly removed on images within the content of generic content items
Images and Documents
- png files were losing transparency when thumbnail is generated
- fix an issue with RadDatePicker resetting to the default date
- Improvements in CreateItemsCommands in the libraries backend templates (LibrariesControlPanel)
- Improvements to the way Libraries templates are handled through ControlsConfig file
- Fixed an issue related to uploading archive files
- fix an issue with creating post to a deleted blog when using back and forward arrows of the browser
- fix an issue with permissions being reset for the Blogs module in some scenarios
- Subscriber group relation issue when DeleteSubscriber method is called
- Default template and empty message holder no longer returns null
- fix an issue in validator controls when the Newsletters Subscription form control template is dynamically created
- Links in the newsletter content were not properly resolved sometimes
- Changes in WikiviewSingleItem template - you have to merge changes to this template in case you use the external one.
- Wikiview control - Searching within category is now possible
- EventsView: Events comments were not working when Geomapping is enabled
- Tags & Categories
- Implement Notify All for cache dependency handler - cache improvements
- Fix of Rename category issue - new implementation of renaming category functionality
- Membership and Roleprovider Fixes
- Delete role permissions when deleting roles - fixes;
- SetTemplateControls() was returning null if there are were no values set for FirstName and LastName in profile/properties of the users
- Domain-Page mapping
- case sensitive issue with domain name
- PageSelector fix
Web Farm related
- Implement CacheDependency for permissions
- NewsIndexProvider now respects Publication_Date, otherwise future posts were indexed too
- Implemented ShowResultsLabels for the SearchResults control
- fix invalid cast exception when you use FloatingPoint as metafield type
- Versioning and Workflow
- fix that prevents locking of items in some cases
- Adding lock for the workflow runtime - only one instance of Workflow could be initialized at a time
- restore version button is visible by default, while rollback is hidden
Pages and Controls
- added IHeaderControl support in Page Edit mode
- CategoriesTree control now supports CssClass property
- Add support for google meta tag verification
- Archive link is now removed since it is obsolete
- Performance improvements for Generic Content items
- small updates to the HTML
- Expose DestinationPageURl property on FirstLevel
- The default connection string was not used properly in some cases, after logging-in with Active Directory provider
- Rename category for a module was throwing "you cannot change a value of an object which is not in transaction" - it is now fixed
- Oracle : GetContent() with sorting and range filtering was not returning sorted items
- Tooltip and alternate text of SitefinityHyperLink control
- ViewModeControl was not resolving url when there was an apostrophe