The next pre-release version of Sitefinity 4.0 is planned for release next week (Thursday, Nov. 11th). This upcoming RC release marks the final milestone before the official release of Sitefinity 4.0. After the RC release, we’ll focus on product polishing and adding a handful of features that didn’t quite make the cut for the RC release.
Next week we’ll host a webinar that will show what’s included in the RC release.
Please register for this webinar by clicking here.
What’s coming in the Sitefinity 4.0 RC release
There are several exciting new features found in this release:
- The new Settings Editor makes it easy to modify common Sitefinity configuration settings
- Multi-lingual and localization support. Including importable/exportable language packs.
- Workflow support and the ability to create custom workflow scenarios.
- New web analytics reports and new viewing options, including dimensions
- Easily definable custom meta fields – wait until you see this ;)
- Web-based template editor for customizing built-in Sitefinity widgets
- And more…
After the webinar, all attendees will be given download details for the Sitefinity 4.0 RC release.
4.0 Licensing & Pricing Details
Many months ago we indicated that Sitefinity’s pricing and licensing would be changing with the release of 4.0. In this webinar we’ll announce the details of 4.0’s pricing & licensing.
We’ve received a lot of community feedback on this topic. In particular we wanted our new pricing to address some challenges identified by our customers:
- No-entry level license available for small businesses
- No multi domain configuration available
- One size fits all license lacks flexibility
The new pricing is designed to address these challenges and make Sitefinity a good fit for a wider range of projects. In addition to the new pricing, we have a lot of discounts and automatic upgrades that will be available to current Sitefinity customers. The goal is to help everyone to make the transition to 4.0.
Please attend the webinar to get the full pricing details.