| Nov 08, 2010
During the upcoming webinar (this Thursday), we’ll be showing the latest pre-release build of Sitefinity 4.0 (the RC). In addition, we’ll also be unveiling 4.0’s new pricing. The upcoming RC release will be the 4th pre-release version of Sitefinity 4.0.
We’ve already delivered a ton of new features (features that did not exist in Sitefinity 3.x) with previous releases of Sitefinity 4.0. This RC release will build on the innovations already found in those previous releases (CTP, BETA1 & BETA2).
Please attend the upcoming webinar to see what’s new in the RC.
30+ new benefits being delivered with Sitefinity 4.0
Although pre-release versions of Sitefinity 4.0 have been available for months, many customers are still entirely new to Sitefinity 4.0. For these customers, I’ve summarized what’s different about Sitefinity 4.0 in the lists below. The following features exist in Sitefinity 4.0, but do not exist in Sitefinity 3.x.
New developer features being delivered with 4.0:
- Web-based template editor (for customizing the output of built-in Sitefinity widgets)
- OpenAccess ORM
- RESTful Web Services
- Sitefinity 4.0 SDK
- LINQ support
- Web-based backend page editor
- Based on ASP.NET 4.0
- Based on WWF 4.0
- Based on the ASP.NET Routing Engine (formerly known as the ASP.NET MVC Routing Engine)
- Web-based label editor
- Use custom WWF 4.0 workflows
- Support for web application projects
- Desktop-based Project Manager
- Web-based data imports and data transformations
- And more…
New content editors features being delivered with 4.0:
- All new (UX-centric) look & feel
- Form Builder
- Advanced taxonomy / content classifications
- Layout Editor
- Template Builder
- Filters for pages & content items
- Extremely granular permissions (page, item, layout, widget, etc)
- Web Analytics
- Definable workflows
- Side-by-side version comparisons
- Advanced publishing & syndication system
- Enhanced navigation widgets
- Synchronization between localized content versions
- User based (as well as role based) permissions and workflow
- Importable / exportable backend language packs
- Safe copy & pasting of rich (Word) content
- And more…
I won’t have time during the upcoming webinar, to show each these features in detail. However, you’ll have an opportunity to experiment with these features yourself with the release of Sitefinity 4.0 RC. I’ll announce the download details for the RC during this Thursday’s webinar. After the webinar, we’ll continue to explore each of these features in more detail through the blogs and videos.
Please register and attend the upcoming Sitefinity 4.0 RC webinar.