Bob, Sitefinity team lead, spent yet another weekend productively and created a
simple image gallery control for Sitefinity, based on
Lytebox. In this short post I'll explain the basics of control and obviously provide you with a link for download.
So before I get into explaining the control itself I suggest you download it from here.
- Extract the LyteboxControl.zip file
- Copy the App_Code/ExtensionsConverter.cs to the App_Code folder in your site
- Upload the UserControls/Lytebox.ascx control to your Sitefinity website through Page Editor
- Copy UserControls/Lytebox folder to the UserControls folder located in the root folder of your website
Using the control
Before you do anything with the control, make sure you have a folder in
your website with several images. If you don't have one, go to file
manager create a folder and upload the images you want to be displayed
in your gallery.
Once you are done with that, go to a page where you want the Image
gallery to be (or create a new page for that purpose) and drag the
Image gallery control you've uploaded during the installation part.
Click on edit to set up the properties. Here are the descriptions of
most important properties :
- ImageFolder - determines
the folder that contains the images to be displayed in the gallery. It
uses the Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.UrlEditorWrapper so you can simply navigate
to the folder you want to and click I'm done button.
- ThumbnailFolder -
determines the folder where thumbnails for images should be
automatically created. You don't really need to modify this property.
- ThumbnailSize -
determines the size of a thumbnail. Make sure that if you change this
property, you'll also need to modify following selector in
~/UserControls/Lytebox/lytebox.css : .thumbnails
is located at the end of the css file).
- DisplayMode - determines the display mode of gallery. There are three different modes :
- Slideshow - displays a number of images as a slideshow. Images change after a period of time
- Grouped - similar to slideshow mode, except that user has to click next/prev buttons to move through a gallery
- Single - basically opens a original size image after user has clicked on the thumbnail
- Extensions - determines which files inside of a selected ImageFolder should be displayed in a gallery.
Pretty useful control and extremely easy to implement thanks to Bob. If you have any questions, please leave a comment.