As I did promise, I updated How to wrap a Generic Content control in 3.6 SP1. It will be included in the documentation as a replacement for Wrap Generic Content Control in a User Control.
There has been some discussion among our team about KBs. The big question is: what should we do when an article is no longer accurate for a new version of Sitefinity? Here are the two approaches:
So, what do you think about it?
- Update the article.
This is what we have been doing so far.
- Users will find easily what they search
- Bookmarks will always point to the latest version.
- Users of older (and incompatible) versions won't be able to find relevant information
- Keep the article as it is and link to older/newer versions
This is Microsoft's approach, and my preference.
- There will always be relevant information
- There is a good chance that it will take longer for users to find what they need