Financial professionals (CPAs and corporate) need continuing professional education (CPE) to maintain their licenses and certifications as well as stay up to date on changes to law and policy. The CPE requirements can vary by state, are time sensitive, and need to be closely managed. Surgent helps financial professionals plan, manage, and fulfill their continuing education requirements. They provide continuing education in multiple formats ranging from traditional formats such as live seminars and printed self-study materials to technology enabled formats such as online webinars and downloadable self-study content. Given the volume of course content, and the varying education requirements, Surgent needed to deliver a personalized education experience that would better serve the individual needs of current and new customers. To deliver this experience, Surgent sought to implement an integrated solution that leveraged best of breed software yet could be customized and configured for the unique needs of its business and customers.
Surgent leveraged Sitefinity CMS and Ecommerce modules by Telerik, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and RESTful Web API’s for systems and data integration. The design, integration, implementation and ongoing management was executed by Everest CRM, with technical support from Telerik, and technical mentoring in Sitefinity from Falafel Software.
Specifically, Everest CRM developed and implemented the following custom Sitefinity components as part of the solution architecture:
- • Electronic delivery of products, services and exams based on purchase rights
- • Customized product catalog and search with automated import publishing
- • Product package and offer management tailored to customer CPE needs and requirements
- • Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for customer data as well as order fulfillment and accounting
- • Surgent now has a cross-company, cross-channel view of customers, customer interactions, and sales
- • Optimal customer order and delivery experiences from Sitefinity and MS Dynamics CRM integration
- • Sales and promotions can be tracked quickly to determine campaign effectiveness and enable campaign optimization
- • Products and offers can be tailored to individual customer’s needs and requirements.