Women's Healthcare Associates is an integrated team of nearly 60 Oregon-based Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN) Physicians, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists, Certified Nurse Midwives, Nurse Practitioners and Genetic Counselors. Caring deeply about the patient experience, it is their goal to offer quality healthcare to women at every stage of their lives. As the company grew, the number of patients, providers and specialized needs kept pace; accordingly, this business growth placed a demand on website innovation to ramp up.
In an effort to address their evolving needs, Women’s Health Associates, LLC approached OakTree to assist them with the creation of a website that would include the following features:
- WYSIWYG editing and easy management of content
- Integration of a blog so that end users could engage with the site and learn more from experts directly
- A new search feature that would address the need to allow users the ability to search and filter clinicians
- A system that allowed employees of WHALLC to easily add/edit/delete clinicians from the system
After evaluating WHALLC’s needs, OakTree Digital recommended the use of Sitefinity CMS, which supported most of the requirements out of the box. With its extensible architecture, Sitefinity also allowed OakTree to easily implement a customized search and filter feature that the Women’s Healthcare Associate’s website required.
As WHALLC needed a way to effectively direct patients to the clinicians or the providers that would offer the best solution based on the patient’s individual situation, OakTree extended Sitefinity, creating a custom module for the clinicians, called “Find a Provider.” This custom module now gives admins the ability to add/edit/delete a clinician in the system, and to assign them to one of several categories for office location, specialty and languages offered. For the end user, there is now the ability to filter by these attributes on the website, so that they can find the doctor that best fits their needs in a matter of minutes.
In addition, the new site features:
- An integrated blog from the point of view of the clinicians with the addition of a tag cloud to improve the navigation to topics of interest
- Cross-promotional sidebar items to enhance usability and allow easy access to related topics
- RSS-enablement to allow visiting patients the ability to keep up-to-date
The combination of a user-friendly design along with the custom clinician module has resulted in a website that patients and employees alike are comfortable navigating—allowing patients to take advantage of this now powerful tool. What’s more, thanks to Sitefinity, WHALLC has finally found a way to ensure that the information on the website was always up-to-date.