We are happy to announce the immediate availability of Sitefinity 3.0 beta 3. The new upgrade brings a lot of clean up, bug fixes, UI improvements and some new functionality and features. With the introduction of a Project Manager users will have the opportunity to benefit from easy manipulation of projects, files and multiple databases. Having the content editors in mind, we created a Generic Content module to streamline an efficient control over content pieces. We hope that our innovations will help you cut development time and have more satisfied end-users.
The main features of beta3 over the previous beta are:
1. Template manager – allows you to upload Master Pages and create Templates for them. It supports the following functions:
- Edit Templates;
- Template versioning;
- Set Template properties;
2. Generic Content module – this is the place where users create, store and manage content pieces most comfortably. It supports the following functions:
- Create Dynamic Metadata;
- Metadata Filtering;
- Metadata Sorting;
- Search by metadata;
3. Project Manager – a step by step wizard that helps users to create new projects and set their Database. The wizard walks users through two major steps:
- Create your project;
- Set Databases and register an Administrator user ;
- Support for SQL Express, SQL 2000, and SQL 2005;
4. Featuring r.a.d.controls Q4;
Beta 3 is now available for public download. Please submit your feedback and feature requests through this forum thread.
We wish Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to every one.
The telerik team