Your extensive feedback is much appreciated. I will answer each point
1. It would be great, (fantastic) to just be able to import the skelaton of your website pages from an existing SiteMap xml file structure. That would've saved at least an hour or two.
Indeed, this would be a great feature. We have plans to include such a tool in some of the next versions, it won't make it into version 3.0.
2. I whole heartily recommend allowing for Web Application Projects as opposed to the dreadfully slow Web Projects. This should be an option when creating your new Sitefinity Project. It takes forever to compile all the RadControls directory.
We think Web Projects are great because of dynamic compilation. This will allow us to add the ability to extend the site’s functionality through the Sitefinity’s UI in the future. You can dramatically speed up compilation by turning off “Build Web site as part of solution” and set “Before running startup page” to No Build in the build section of Web Project properties window.
We may consider including Web Application Projects but it is very unlikely for the 3.0 release.
3. I completely think you gain nothing by keeping the blogs, news modules as closed source. The more you share, the more modules will start appearing since people have a more common frame of reference for building modules. The Jobs Module is barely enough to get by, but the other modules, when digging in with Reflector, implemented many more interfaces, etc, which i'm certain they were important.
We are still considering this possibility but I cannot tell you anything more certain yet.
4. How do you handle Custom Error Pages? Did I miss that in the manual?
Where 404.axpx could be a page managed by Sitefinity or a static page.
5. Can we still use our own HttpModules for some things? It get exceptions when trying to.
There is no particular reason for them not working but we haven’t tested such scenarios. We will definitely test this and get back to you later about the results.
1. I moved my project out of the Websites Directory, and suddenly many of the Telerik Controls were failing when I tried to compile for some reason.
Thank you for reporting this. We will try to confirm this behavior and log it in our bug tracking system.
2. I believe it was mentioned on the forums, but I'll second the bug request. I get exceptions when dragging and dropping page nodes.
We are already working on this issue.