+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / 3.x Pre-release forums (retired) / MAJOR ISSUE - content not showing up

MAJOR ISSUE - content not showing up

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. fregas baratis
    fregas baratis avatar
    185 posts
    Registered:
    14 Nov 2002
    27 Feb 2007
    Link to this post
    Since i upgraded to the recent RC1 update, my content does not show in my contentplaceholders at all. In fact, on the TIUSite, i added a page, added a couple of generic content, published, and the generic content does not show up!

    This seems pretty severe.

    I'm going to reboot and see if that helps.

    Craig
  2. fregas baratis
    fregas baratis avatar
    185 posts
    Registered:
    14 Nov 2002
    27 Feb 2007
    Link to this post
    I should have also mentioned that the content DOES show in the admin fine, just not on the public site.  So it could be a security or designer error or something along those lines.


  3. fregas baratis
    fregas baratis avatar
    185 posts
    Registered:
    14 Nov 2002
    28 Feb 2007
    Link to this post
    Well, the plot thickens again.

    I had a control in my template (not in the master page) that was finding out the current page and displaying the page name in an <h3> tag.  I was using the Nolics or Sitefinity API engine to do this:


                object pageId = HttpContext.Current.Items["cmspageid"];
                if (pageId != null)
                {
                    CmsPage cmsPage = new CmsManager().GetPage((Guid)pageId);
                    if (cmsPage != null)
                        this.PageTitle.Text = cmsPage.MenuName;
                }

    Its this particular line that causes the failure:

    CmsPage cmsPage = new CmsManager().GetPage((Guid)pageId);

    If i comment the other lines out except for this line, all the content goes away.  The weird thing is, i do get an apparently valid cmsPage object, but somehow it stops the other controls from processing.  Is there an exception being swallowed here or something?

    Thanks,
    Craig
  4. Rebecca
    Rebecca avatar
    536 posts
    Registered:
    24 Sep 2012
    28 Feb 2007
    Link to this post
    Hello Craig,

    We are sorry we could not get to you earlier today. We were trying to reproduce this but to no avail.

    Thanks a lot for providing further details as they helped us locate the problem. Most likely, it is the CmsManager that is causing the problem. However, we will need some more time to find out what exactly the reason is.

    We would recommend that you use the code below for time being. It didn't use to work before but now, with the latest RC1 update it is OK to use it.

    this.PageTitle.Text = SiteMap.Providers["Allpages"].CurrentNode.Title;

    Kind regards,
    Rebecca
    the telerik team
  5. fregas baratis
    fregas baratis avatar
    185 posts
    Registered:
    14 Nov 2002
    28 Feb 2007
    Link to this post
    I tried that and it did fix the problem.  But please let us know when the CmsManager is working properly again.  I may need to use it in other places.

    Thanks,
    Craig
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered