10 Feb 2010
17 May 2011
Link to this post
I am at a dead end. Since i wanted the new 4.1 version because of the security issue, i just ran into problems.
Well i am using Custom Widgets and Custom Controls, which were functioning quite okay. And after the upgrade everything broke down :-(
I am building a page for a customer which will have lots of pages (Product Catalog). And he wanted Sitefinity as CMS. Every product page will have customizable texts and layouts. Thats why i have to generate these product pages.
The steps i made:
2. Upgraded with Project Manager
3. Upgraded all References to the new Sitefinity DLL (since the upgrading process doesn't make it in the web.config)
4. Opened the Backend (worked like a charm)
5. Opened my Customers Page (--> Object Reference Not Found) on each page.
6. Opened my Customers Page in Preview or Edit Mode ...works like a charm.
<break> so here i went after the forum and saw posts from steve and ivan and lot of other folks with same issues. I even tried the Layout Property fix. No can do. So i went down to the earth and tried to analyze the issue.
So here are my analyzing steps:
1. Create Blank Page (edit and view) --> Check
2. Create Blank Page with my Blank Custom Template (Its a Master file with empty content placeholders) --> Check
3. Create Blank Page and filled the Content Placeholders with Custom Widgets --> Check (Custom widgets like, Navigation, Teasers...and so on, worked all like a charm)
4. So far so good
5. Create Blank Page and filled with a Custom Layout Control ---> .BEEEEEEEP Exception
so i think it has to do with the custom layout control, but here i am at a dead end. The Exception (Invalid Template Name or Object Reference Not set doesnt bring me further)
Dear telerik guys, do you have any hints on that?