+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / An entry with the same key already exists

An entry with the same key already exists

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. jon
    jon avatar
    3 posts
    Registered:
    22 Apr 2013
    13 May 2014
    Link to this post

    Hello!

    We are developing a 6.3 site with custom content called Products. The site has English, English US and French languages.

    The products are listed on a page with a custom widget to show a left-hand menu as a list, and a second custom widget for the right-hand main content window as a single item detail.

    Clicking on a product in the list reloads the page to display the selected product. This list-detail page has been working perfectly for the default English pages.

     While creating additional languages for the various products and pages something has gone wrong and Sitefinity will not load the data-driven pages. Instead I get an error "An entry with the same key already exists."

      I have tried removing all the additional language products without a solution. Clearing cache and cookies, or using another browser does not solve the problem.

    Please advise what the next steps should be, thanks.

     

    Server Error in '/' Application.An entry with the same key already exists.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An entry with the same key already exists.

    Source Error: 

    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace: 

    [ArgumentException: An entry with the same key already exists.]
    System.Collections.Specialized.ListDictionary.Add(Object key, Object value) +8913175
    Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentLocations.CanonicalUrlPageExtensions.TryStoreCanonicalUrl(Page page, String url) +231
    Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentLocations.ContentLocatableViewExtensions.AddCanonicalUrlTagIfEnabled(IContentLocatableView locatableView, Page page, IDataItem item) +286
    Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.Web.UI.Frontend.DynamicContentView.CreateChildControls() +587
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +189
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +186
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +314
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2098

  2. jon
    jon avatar
    3 posts
    Registered:
    22 Apr 2013
    13 May 2014 in reply to jon
    Link to this post

    I have successfully created another content type and built a master-detail test page.

    I did the following, and made sure the same settings exist on my original Products master-detail page. I used the view called DynamicContentMasterView instead of MasterBlogPostsFrontend.

     ============

    In the first blog posts widget go to Advanced mode and
    set ContentViewDisplayMode to "Master". Then go to
    ControlDefinition -> Views -> MasterBlogPostsFrontend and
    set AllowUrlQueries to false.



    Then go to the other blog posts widget and set its ContentViewDisplayMode
    to "Detail".

      ==============

    In addition I note that the 2 GUIDs (Master and Detail ID) for one custom widget are duplicated in the second custom widget on the broken page. This is the same as the working test page I created.

2 posts, 0 answered