+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Arabic language backend language problem

Arabic language backend language problem

9 posts, 0 answered
  1. Mourad
    Mourad avatar
    7 posts
    Registered:
    27 Feb 2012
    27 Feb 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi there,

    After installing the Arabic pack and choosing the Arabic language as the backend language, i tried to get back to English by going to "administration" --> "settings"
    then i get the server error as shown in the attached screenshot.

    Please let know if there is a solution for this.

    Many thanks
  2. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    Registered:
    25 Nov 2005
    28 Feb 2012
    Link to this post
    Dear Mourad

    What version are you using 4.3, 4.4, SB, SE

    Markus
  3. Mourad
    Mourad avatar
    7 posts
    Registered:
    27 Feb 2012
    28 Feb 2012
    Link to this post
    Dear Markus,

    I am using 4.4 trial version...

    Mourad
  4. Grisha Karanikolov
    Grisha Karanikolov avatar
    19 posts
    Registered:
    23 Mar 2010
    09 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi Mourad,

    have you tried with the latest version (5.0) ? I just tested it with Arabic backend language (as seen in the attachment) and it worked fine.

    Maybe we're missing some detail here. Are you using an upgraded project or have you started from scratch? Any additional information would help!
  5. Mourad
    Mourad avatar
    7 posts
    Registered:
    27 Feb 2012
    14 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi Grisha,

    I upgraded to Sitefinity 5.0 and created a new project. When i tried the Arabic backend language, I got the same exact error a posted in my previous post.

    I think it has something to do with the calendar (you may check the error message in my attached screenshot posted before). 

    Today is 14/03/2012 according to "Gregorian Calender". if you convert it to "Hijri/Islamic Calender" then it is 21/04/1433. Most probably when i set the Arabic backend, the Hijri year value "1433" is pulled and causing this error although I run the "Gregorian Calender" on my system.

    If you require any further details please let me know.

    Many thanks,
    Mourad
  6. Mourad
    Mourad avatar
    7 posts
    Registered:
    27 Feb 2012
    15 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi,,,

    Now it is working fine after choosing Arabic (Qatar)  as the backend language. Now the dates pulled are in "Gregorian Calender" format unlike the case when we choose the "Arabic" without showing cultures.

    Regards,
    Mourad
  7. Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
    Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov avatar
    156 posts
    Registered:
    30 Nov 2016
    15 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi Mourad,


    Thank you for your time over the phone today! We will continue investigating the issue and will try to reproduce it on our end. I do believe it's got something to do with windows locales, but that is yet to be proven.

    I will keep this thread updated with new information once I've got any results!
    Regards,
    Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  8. Mourad
    Mourad avatar
    7 posts
    Registered:
    27 Feb 2012
    15 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi Greg,

    The pleasure in mine. Thank you for the follow up and for your call. 
    Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. 

    Best Regards,
    Mourad
  9. abdul
    abdul avatar
    1 posts
    Registered:
    14 Mar 2015
    14 Mar 2015
    Link to this post
    It seems setting the arabic language as the backend language generates errors only due to the calendar issues. After inserting the gregorian calendar, there is no doubt the issue has been resolved. A lot of people nowadays buy arabic books from various online bookstores.
9 posts, 0 answered