13 Aug 2007
21 Sep 2011
Link to this post
Sure... I apologize for the compact screenshots but I wanted to keep client page info out of it.
On the top you see the FrontEnd EN menu, underneath the FrontEnd DE version and lastly you see the BackEnd page overview in English.
Create a grouppage (as a startingnode for a menu). Underneath I created a few pages:
Blog (page, 2 languages synced) and it shows in the 2 website versions.
Forum (page, 1 language EN) and it shows on the EN-website version.
Preisse (page, 1 language DE) and it shows on the DE-website version.
Same goes for the RedirectEN and RedirectDE pages, they're both redirects, 1 language version is created and they work perfect.
However the 'Redirect_to_both_EN_DE' doesn't work. You create 1 language (EN) and set the redirect page, then you create the (DE) version and set the redirect. (Since it's redirect, there's no asking about syncing or not)
Because I created the (DE) version last, this version shows up on the website. If I open and save the (EN) version again, the (EN) version gets stored last and that will be the one showing up on the website.
Somehow there can't be 2 localized versions of a redirect page simultaneous.
Also I noticed, when viewing the Backend PageOverview in English(toolbar top right says English) and I click on Add for a German localized version, it'll automatically put it under the english node and can't change that back. I specifically have to select German language first before being able to add a German redirect...