+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. Steve
    Steve avatar
    3037 posts
    03 Dec 2008
    20 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Check this weirdness out

http://screencast.com/t/9sJNvlCCxX

So once I select multiple files in my App_Themes, thunder has a freakout
  2. Jochem Bökkers
    Jochem Bökkers avatar
    787 posts
    13 Aug 2007
    20 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    As a follow up...

I'm seeing similar issues, although I'm receiving a localized error message (Onherstelbare fout (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))).

This error only occurs when selecting multiple .png's. Strangely .gif's and .jpg's don't cause this errormessage and it only happens when selecting multiple .png's from the SitefinityWebApp project. When I click on multiple .png's in the Thunder project (part of the same solution) nothing happens...

J.
  3. Miroslava
    Miroslava avatar
    57 posts
    22 Feb 2016
    20 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hello Steve and Jochem,

Thank you for contacting the Telerik support team and reporting this issue. It is logged in our bug tracking system and it is forwarded for fixing. This error message appears when selecting multiple files or folders from SitefinityWebApp project. I updated your Telerik points.

All the best,
    Miroslava
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  4. Steve
    Steve avatar
    3037 posts
    03 Dec 2008
    21 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    I'm getting it somewhere else too now.

I have a class library project, and in that I have a .less, .css, and .min.css generated by Mindscape Workbench. 

http://screencast.com/t/hYwvtC5lI3v
  5. Miroslava
    Miroslava avatar
    57 posts
    22 Feb 2016
    22 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing back. I checked out the video that you sent us. Currently, we do not support less yet.

Greetings,
    Miroslava
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  6. Steve
    Steve avatar
    3037 posts
    03 Dec 2008
    22 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    I know...but that's not the point of the video :) 
    1) This is a class library, not a Thunder project or the sitefinity webapp
    2) Happens when I select two .css files (not the less). (20 seconds in)
  7. Miroslava
    Miroslava avatar
    57 posts
    22 Feb 2016
    26 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hello Steve,

I tested selecting several files or folder in a Class Library project and the same error message appeared. It is reproducible not only for Class Library or Web App projects, so I edited the logged bug in our bug tracking system. Thank you once again.

Regards,
    Miroslava
    the Telerik team
7 posts, 0 answered