+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Deactivating the Search Module broke my site. Help!

Deactivating the Search Module broke my site. Help!

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. J
    J avatar
    10 posts
    Registered:
    18 May 2015
    28 Sep 2015
    Link to this post
    So i was trying to fix the issue referenced in a thread a couple posts down and I decided to try deactivating and reactivating the search module. However, after the system restarted, this message (attached) came up and I haven't been able to do anything since. Please help. Thanks!
  2. Stefani Tacheva
    Stefani Tacheva avatar
    718 posts
    Registered:
    06 Dec 2016
    30 Sep 2015
    Link to this post
    Hello,

    Could you please try to open the SystemConfig.config file and remove the version attribute from the Publishing module line. The line should look like this:

    <add  name="Publishing" />

    Save the changes, restart your project and run in again.

    Regards,
    Stefani Tacheva
    Telerik
     
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
     
  3. J
    J avatar
    10 posts
    Registered:
    18 May 2015
    30 Sep 2015 in reply to Stefani Tacheva
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that, but unfortunately, when the project runs, it re adds the version tag and displays the same error 
  4. J
    J avatar
    10 posts
    Registered:
    18 May 2015
    30 Sep 2015 in reply to Stefani Tacheva
    Link to this post
     <add version="8.1.5800.0" name="Search" />

    Found the issue! This line seemed to also have an attribute for onStartUp set to Disabled. I changed this to On ApplicationStartUp and everything started working. 
4 posts, 0 answered