When an image is uploaded several thumbnails with preconfigured sizes are created for it (keeping proportions). The current default sizes are width=60 and width="120", "120" being the default one. You can either request an image directly (url.jpg) or request its thumbnail (url.jpg.tmb).
- If you request a thumbnail without the size parameter, it would return the default thumbnail size.
- If you request a thumbnail with size=X, it would see if a thumbnail with this size was created when the image was uploaded, and if so return it; otherwise it will fallback to the default thumbnail.
- If you request the image itself without the size parameter, it would return the original size.
- If you request the image itself with size=X, the image will be resized, by making the larger dimension X, and then changing the smaller dimension to keep the proportion
- If it was a portrait image where width is greater than height), say ""20"x"200", and size=100, then the resized image will be 10x100
The current implementation of the handler does not allow
- resizing an image by changing the smaller dimension to the value in the parameter.
- resizing images by fixing one dimension and leaving the other one variable. i.e. if you want fixed width and don’t care about the height.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items