Thank you very much for your feedback. I would like this event to show you how I sometimes feel about bugs / PITS / Feedback portal.
1) You encounter a problem. Of course murphys law will tell you that this happens
a) when you are showing a function to a client
b) just when you want to go online with a site
2) You first spent 5 minutes figuring out what is happening (its actually usually more 30 min +)
3) You try to figure out what you are doing
4) Not finding anything you will seach the forum here
5) Not finding anyhting you post and open ticket (see point 1 its go online week)
6) You make a screencast and send it to support who will come back very fast with....
7) Sorry we are not able to reproduce
Usually its because I did not communicate well but mostly because its an issue with something mulitlingual or so
8) You explain again what is the problem. And give additional feedback
9)Then you get either a PITS you can vote for for month and years or like in this lucky case it is bound to be fixe within one release. Lucky for me in this case its only 1-2 weeks away
10) you go back after the update to see if its really fixed
a) you are lucky and its fixed
b) you are semi lucky its fixed but other bugs are introduced (hello markus this is bug, bug this is Markus)
c) its not fixed, unfortunately we (Terlerik) were not able to, vote or Roadmap next version (3 month away)
The bug took at least 1 hours of my time to figure it out and I assume you did spend about 5-10 minutes as well in reproducing and telling someone to fix it.
A) The bug was not know and once again I am reporting it (I sometimes get the feeling I am the only one running into such stuff)
B) The bug was know but not to me or even you!
Well the ideal thing would be in this order of priority
1) There are no open bugs - I know its wishfull thinking
2) There would be a list of open Issues per module/widget that would let me see through before testing/screencasting/ticket back and forth
Now you could say the feedback portal does this but there are over 1000 open issues. So I am not goint there at the first place.
Sitefinity is a super product
Telerik support is fast and extremely helpfull (they put up with me)
Sitefinity is getting great stuff with each release.- Thing we are hoping for a long time
And most of all. It makes a feature absolutely UNUSABLE. Again in this case I might get lucky to have a fix within 2 weeks (still has to be proven)
But in many other cases have to wait for month (look at the image ordering bug in sub libraries)
But a simple small case like this take away the fun sometimes and a bit of engery.
Please don't get me wrong. Again Sitefinity is the only CMS for me. Love Telerik products and support is going way out of what you can expect so many times, but I hope that Telerik will cut down the open issues to 100-200 and display them by module/widget so before we spend/waste our and Teleriks support time we can go and look there.
I guess it would make the sitefinity team also feel good if they could cross out some open issues as solved.