25 Oct 2010
16 Aug 2012
Link to this post
I am still having issues with the forms module a year later. Where does Sitefinity store all the extra information about a form that causes it to recreate the old form fields every time I publish changes to a form? I've found data in the sf_meta_field table, but can't seem to associate it with the form fields.
It is becoming an issue because we have sync processes running that expect to find a certain column name in that table, but if I delete and attempt to recreate a column with that name, it is inserting something like _0 at the end of the field name or randomly naming it. I currently have 5 columns, all supposedly the same, ranging from BusinessTelephoneNumber, BusinessTelephoneNumber_0 up to BusinessTelephoneNumber_4 and even business_telephone_number. It's anybody's guess which one the data is going into. We've just gone through the whole process of filling in a form field only to have the field 'form_field_textbox' appear in the table, and NONE of the meta data we'd filled in was present when we went back to edit the form, and the field was untitled.