After going over the thread, and helping a client setup their template builder, this process is not very intuitive yet and I'm eager to have it refined.
But it was a great exercise for a great tool and I made a high level steps that can be used with the steps above. Just the steps above are all in pieces etc.
Steps with ‘Empty project updated’
1) Create new project in Sitefinity 4.3 project manager
2) Go to ‘administration’
3) Click ‘settings’
4) Click ‘advanced’
5) Scroll down to ‘system’ and open that branch
6) Scroll to ‘applicationModules’
7) Create a new & enter the screen shot settings WITHOUT VERSION NUMBER
8) Log off
9) Completely restart the Sitefinity Project Manager and log in.
10) You should see the template builder in the drop down.
Steps when you need to update the ‘Empty project’
1) Backup the empty project
2) Open empty project csproj
3) Click solution, and add existing project
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.3\SDK\Content\Common\SharedProjects\TemplateImporter and add the csproj
4) Click the empty project and ‘add reference’
- You should see the template builder as a project to add
5) Build the solution
Your empty project now has the template builder incorporated. Just follow the first set of steps with Empty project updated.