24 Jun 2010
26 Apr 2011
Link to this post
OK, it looks like the issue is on the client side, not the server side. I experienced and worked around the problem by doing the following:
- Using Chrome 10, I created a new list with about 20 new list items (titles only). I experienced no problems in Chrome editing the list.
- I switched to IE 8. Upon logging in to Sitefinity as the same user, I got the standard "Log the other user off and enter" prompt.
- I then tried editing the list in IE and got the error.
- I killed IE, restarted it, deleted the browser history (temporary Internet files, cookies, and history), and was then able to edit the list in IE
Since I did not restart IIS hosting the website, and because deleting the browser history alone worked around the problem, I assume the error is on the client side rather than the server side. Thinking the problem might be related solely to switching browsers, I switched back to Chrome and then back again to IE, but both were able to edit the list.
I'll continue looking for a way to reliably recreate the problem and narrow what browser history I clear for more concise workaround.