Migrating Site - 401.2 - Unauthorized

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Mark
    Mark avatar
    147 posts
    01 Jun 2010
    19 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    I've created a new site on my local machine and am trying to move it to production. My organization has each office in a subfolder under than main site (ex: www.site.com/office)

I've migrated the site, I can view the front end, login, open the page to make changes, but when I click publish I receive the following error: IIS 7.0 Detailed Error - 401.2 - Unauthorized

Firebug outputs the following line: http://dev.umkc.edu:80/ORS/Sitefinity/Services/Workflow/WorkflowService.svc/MessageWorkflow/860ca299-c341-4706-87b4-87bc25c68b40/?itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode&workflowOperation=Publish

Any ideas?
  2. Victor Velev
    Victor Velev avatar
    1345 posts
    06 Jul 2015
    21 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Mark,

If you are getting such error, most probably the GET method is failing. Note that svc and xaml mappings should be set according to the documentation. Please check the following articles, because the error is coming from misconfiguration of your server hosting environment:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/installation-and-administration-guide/installing-sitefinity/configuring-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects.aspx

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-02-22/installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7.aspx

Best wishes,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Mark
    Mark avatar
    147 posts
    01 Jun 2010
    21 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    We've went through both of these posts extensively and can say every detail has been checked twice. My first thought was the svc handlers were not mapped, but they are.

What else could cause this issue? The license has been bought and the site is ready to deploy!
  4. Victor Velev
    Victor Velev avatar
    1345 posts
    06 Jul 2015
    22 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Mark,

Please review the following article and let me know if the solution provided works for you. If you still experience the problem please make sure you have set the WorkflowBaserURL ( you can find it in Settings - ServicePaths ) to your domain. Also make sure that your bindings are properly set for your server IP address.

Kind regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
4 posts, 0 answered