+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Page Permission Inheritance

Page Permission Inheritance

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Nate
    Nate avatar
    4 posts
    Registered:
    11 Jun 2013
    20 Mar 2014
    Link to this post

    In Sitefinity 6.1, I'm seeing an issue with Page permission inheritance. On the Pages listing, I've updated default permissions through the "Permissions for all pages" link; I added a few custom roles to various categories under permissions. Back on the pages listing, only some of the pages are inheriting these permissions settings even though all pages are set to Inherit. I've checked the permissions mapping through the API and it looks correct for each page. Is there another reason, besides mapping, that would cause Pages to inherit the original default settings instead of the updated "Permissions for all pages" settings?

  2. Kaloyan
    Kaloyan avatar
    272 posts
    Registered:
    02 Dec 2016
    25 Mar 2014
    Link to this post
    Hello Nate,

    I have tried to reproduce the problem multiple times using different scenarios and on my end there are no problems with permission inheritance. If you can provide a more detailed steps which I can use to replicate the issue I will perform detailed tests. Please share also which version of Sitefinity 6.1 you are using.

    Regards,
    Kaloyan
    Telerik
     
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
     
  3. Nate
    Nate avatar
    4 posts
    Registered:
    11 Jun 2013
    25 Mar 2014 in reply to Kaloyan
    Link to this post

    I'm using 6.1.4600.0 currently, but the site was upgraded from a previous version which I'd have to dig up. I was able to find a workaround however. I moved a problem page (top-level, with or without children) under another page and then moved it back out to the top-level. This resulted in the inherited permissions being fixed. For cleanup, I went through and removed the Additional URL entries for each top-level page that were automatically added during the initial move.

3 posts, 0 answered