30 Nov 2008
02 Nov 2012
Link to this post
Not quite sure if it's only me but I couldn't login to the Sitefinity backend under IE 10 / Windows 8 ("tile" mode :).
So here is what happens:
1. Go to "Start".
2. Click the IE 10 tile.
3. Navigate to your Sitefinity site backend. The login page won't post back when you type your login credentials.
Seems the X-UA meta is not working in the above configuration.
See the following steps in order to log in:
1. Right click the page.
2. Select the settings button in the menu that is going to pop under (right next to the address bar).
3. Select "View On Desktop".
4. IE will appear on your desktop but this time in "normal mode" (we really need some terminology about this Windows :).
5. Hit F12 to show the Developer Tools.
6. Select Internet Explorer 8 for both - Browser Mode and Document mode.
You should now be able to login.
Once again I am not quite sure if it's only me.