02 Feb 2009
29 Dec 2010
Link to this post
I'm either doing something wrong, or I found a bug with the new layout editor in RC2 (which I think is terrific by the way).
Let me try to describe the best I can what's going on.
1. In top content place holder I dragged over the 67-33 layout. I then used the little slider to change the percentage to 72-28.
2. I added Content Blocks to both of those areas, added my content and all is good.
3. In the second content place holder I did the same thing but I used the 50-50 layout and left it that way, published and all is good.
4. Then I realized that I needed more space between those two new content areas so I went into the layout editor and added right space to one, and then left space to the other.
5. When I published, the 28% block from above has dropped down into my new area.
After several attempts to fix and reverting back to previous version and trying again, here's what I have found using Firefox Web Developer Tools. Before I attempt to edit the the bottom two blocks in the layout editor, the 28% block above has a class of ".sf_2cols_2_33" and this has the following styles applied to it: "float: right; margin: 0; width: 33%;"
As soon as I touch the layout of the bottom content areas and publish, the float: right is being removed from that 28% block. This edit really shouldn't be affecting the content area above it like this.
Can somebody please take a look at this? If more detail is needed I'd be happy to provide it.