+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Sitefinity + MySQL : Ecommerce module problem

Sitefinity + MySQL : Ecommerce module problem

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Olivier W
    Olivier W avatar
    2 posts
    Registered:
    23 Apr 2009
    08 Aug 2013
    Link to this post
    Hello
    We installed Sitefinity + Ecommerce module with a Mysql community edition 5.2.47CE.
    After creating a new site, we tried to activate the module, and we got the following message :
    SelectByBasketID :
    SQL exception on '-- Index 'idx_sf_fldrs_rtId_pth' was not detected in the database. It will be created
    ALTER TABLE `sf_folders` ADD INDEX `idx_sf_fldrs_rtId_pth`(`root_id`, `path`)' : Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

    Is this problem related to the InnoDB/MyISAM engine ?
    We are very surprise that this kind of problem occurs on a brand new installation...

    Olivier
  2. Chris
    Chris avatar
    5 posts
    Registered:
    26 Oct 2010
    30 Mar 2015 in reply to Olivier W
    Link to this post
    We just had a similar problem when going to design a template. The failure then leaves us with no options for working with templates.
  3. Sabrie Nedzhip
    Sabrie Nedzhip avatar
    534 posts
    Registered:
    02 Dec 2016
    02 Apr 2015
    Link to this post
    Hi Guys,

    The behavior you are experiencing is due to a limitation posed on MySQL server. You can find more details on this here.

    You can bypass this restriction by increasing the max key length.

    Regards,
    Sabrie Nedzhip
    Telerik
     
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
     
  4. Adrien
    Adrien avatar
    1 posts
    Registered:
    05 Jun 2015
    11 Jun 2015
    Link to this post

    Hi Guys,

    I had the same error when I tried to create a new template. 

    Thanks to Sabrie's answer, I fixed this by droping the sf_folders table (be sure the table is empty) and creating by setting the engine mode to InnoDB. I don't know if this solution is the best one.

    So, you just need to run those requests in mysql console :

    DROP TABLE sf_folders;
    CREATE TABLE sf_folders (  
        id varchar(40) PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,  
        url_name_ varchar(255),
        title_ varchar(255),
        root_id varchar(40),
        path varchar(255),
        parent_id varchar(40),
        is_deleted integer,
        description_ varchar(255),
        cover_id varchar(40),
        app_name varchar(255),
        voa_version TINYINT  (1)) 
    ENGINE = InnoDB 
    DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8mb4 
    ROW_FORMAT = DYNAMIC;

     

    Adrien

4 posts, 0 answered