25 Mar 2011
13 May 2011
Link to this post
So, I upgraded to 4.1 and initially I had a massive meltdown (mostly due to my own mistakes) - for some reason I lost my database content (whether it was down to sitefinity trying to create a new one instead of using existing or just me) and the only backup I had being one month old (Doh! That definitely was me, scheduled daily back-up now in place). A lot of issues were arrising until I updated to 4.1 SP1.
Anyway, luckily google cached my pages so I could see what I previously did, so I had another two days of re-adding the content.
After the first few days of pain, I've actually been using 4.1 without too many issues. Site performance is certainly alot faster and I'm already finding uses out of the shared content features etc.
There are a few problems I'm having though which are explained below and in the attached screenshots.
1 / Cannot Find Docking Zone
When I create a page and initially drag a layout widget to the page it prompts me with an error "Cannot find docking zone" and doesn't display the layout widget correctly. If I delete it and drag another layout zone it works correctly here on in.
2/ Newsletter: Error Encountered While Saving the Subscriber Information
Within the Newsletter Module when I try to add a new subscriber I get the above error message and it doesn't save any new details. I also cannot import from a CSV.
3/ Newsletter: When sending a test email the email comes through ok but there is no message contents
I've tested this using both Campaign Type: Rich Text Editor and Like a Web page, the subject is fine and from/to fields, just no message contents.
So far these are the only issues I have come across, if there are any more I will post them on the forum.