29 Jul 2010
20 Jun 2012
Link to this post
This is a very basic scenerio, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it work in Sitefinity 5.0.
1. Brand new site in project manager.
2. Create 2 pages: Login and Home. Login has the non-backward compatible login control and home has a generic content block.
3. Backend > Pages > Permissions For All Pages > View Pages > Remove Everyone, Add Authenticated.
4. Backend > Pages > Login > Permissions > Break Inheritance > Add Everyone
5. Set Home as home page.
6. In Sitefinity Project Manager, browse. I get "This type of page not served".
7. Change the URL to http://localhost:xxxx/TestProject/Home, I get "This type of page not served."
** I can login as my admin user and navigate to both pages with no problem.
8. I then go to Backend > Administration > Settings > Advanced > Security > Permissions > General > LoginUrl = "~/Login", log out and re-browse. The home page does not get redirected to the login page. I can browse it directly and see the control, but there is no redirect.
What am I missing here?