18 Feb 2004
28 Aug 2013
Link to this post
We're now on version 6.1 of Sitefinity and still I have MANY issues with the Labels & Messages section.
An example: I want to have 2 different, frontend languages. English and Dutch for my website with webshop. I created my website as follows:
- New Sitefinity installation
- Added Dutch as a frontend language
- Set Dutch as the default language
- Moved Dutch to the first position.
- Configured my pages, webshop etc.
Now I downloaded the latest (?) language pack from the MarketPlace. (you have to search for it, otherwise you won't find it).
From the Label & Messages section I did an import of this Dutch language pack. I didn't choose a language since Dutch was the default.
After that it all seems okay. On my frontend the webshop labels are in Dutch.
Now when you restart the application, things are going to change. You first see dutch labels appear in the English backend, like 'Published' becomes 'Gepubliceerd'. The longer you browse, the more labels seems to be translated into Dutch.
I didn't configure any other backend languages, so I would assume my Siteifnity backend would remain in English, what I prefer.
If I look up the translated labels, they have an invariant culture set to an English translation and also a Dutch translation.
So my questions are:
- How can I fix this?
- What can I do to help solve this forever?
- How can we make the translation of Sitefinity into different languages be without problems?
- How can we keep the resource files up-to-date and release them with every new Sitefinity version?
- Can we have a special section under the Developer Network which shows the languages?
If you need help, please email me, I'm willing to do whatever I can.