17 Jan 2012
31 Jul 2013
Link to this post
Just wanted to share something that I found when upgrading from 5.3 to 6.0 the other day. After the upgrade our files and documents were missing a custom field that we had added.
To start with it looked like it was an error with the librariesConfig file and that it would need to be fixed in the next update by Sitefinity - this may still be the case but I found a solution which fixed the problem without waiting for the update.
Go to the Files and Documents screen, on the right hand side click Custom Fields and you will see all your custom fields still within Sitefinity but obviously they aren't showing on the backend pages.
Click on the custom field that you are missing, this will bring up the settings screen for that field. Make sure the appearance setting is :
"All screens where you work with documents or other files in the Backend" then click Done.
Followed by 'Save changes'.
This then resaves the custom field and as if my magic, the custom field now displays on the backend again.
Hope this is helpful. We had a slight panic that we had lost the custom field and it would be a long wait for the next update!!