Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Upgrading from 7.3 to 9.2 nightmares

Upgrading from 7.3 to 9.2 nightmares

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Jacques
    Jacques avatar
    427 posts
    28 Jun 2007
    13 Oct
    Link to this post

    Where to begin? 

    Technical Points: 

    Sitefinity Versions: 
    Current: 7.3.5610.0
    Desired: 9.2.6200.0

    OS Where Upgrade is being done: 
    Version: Windows 10 IIS 10
    Note: IIS and the OS are configured according to instructions found on Progress Sitefinity site. 


    Here's the link to the steps I'm following: http://docs.sitefinity.com/upgrade

    I had endless problems with these instructions but eventually figured things out on my own. 
    Note: These instructions are missing key instructions. 

    I eventually figured out that I have to change the Target Framework of the project for it to build correctly. Once I got this right I was able to successfully run it in a browser up to the point where it says success but when I then clicked Go To Site i got this: 

    Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=7.3.5610.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

    I've searched everywhere for a reference to that version of the assembly and I can't find it.  Somehow somewhere this version of the assembly is being referenced, but I can't find where! 

    Any advice? 

  2. Danielle
    Danielle avatar
    1 posts
    19 Dec 2013
    1 day and 5 hours ago
    Link to this post

    I had the same issues!  As soon as I would fix one another would pop up.  I ended up adding the following to the web.config for each of the assemblies which received this error:

            <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral"/>
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.3.350.0" newVersion="1.4.360.0"/>


    You can get all the information except the newVersion from your error message.  To find what the new version of the assembly is, go to /bin in a fileexplorer window, locate the dll, right click and find properties, then switch to the Details tab.  You are looking for the file version.

    Again, I don't know if this is the *right* way to fix this - but it did allow my solution to work.  Good luck.

2 posts, 0 answered