6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Tony Bolton
    Tony Bolton avatar
    33 posts
    06 Oct 2009
    03 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I hope someone can help.  I'm just testing the Images & Documents module, and I've set up a library for video files.

I have a 220Mb mpeg file I was using to test the upload functionality.  Initially I had errors - but I worked out that they were due to the file size, so I altered web.config's httpruntime max file size to 1gb, and set the executionTimeout to 1 hour (for testing).

However this made no difference, even with a simple text file of 10kb.  So, I set the trust level to Full in web.config, and added the database user to the db_owner role. 

This sorted out the smaller file, but the large file still refuses to 'add'.  It seems to upload ok, it's when it says it's processing that it waits for x minutes then comes up with the above again.

There does not appear to be any errors in the sitefinity.log file within App_Data, and nothing in the event viewer.

Help!

Cheers,
    Tony
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    03 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Tony Bolton,

There is a know issue related to uploading of files with size more than 100 mb to Images and Documents module. The error is thrown, because of the high load of SQL server when the binary object is created. I suggest that you should use use the server file system for large files, viddler or amazon providers

How to set up Viddler
    Amazon S3 support in Sitefinity 3.6

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. Tony Bolton
    Tony Bolton avatar
    33 posts
    06 Oct 2009
    03 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

Thanks for such a swift reply.  Just out of curiousity, when do you think this issue would be resolved?

Also, and sorry if this is off topic - does Sitefinity have a module to resize images during upload, rather than just setting the height and width in HTML?

Thanks again!
    Tony
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    03 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Tony Bolton,

The issue will be fixed in Sitefinity 4.0 for sure. We have logged in this problem as a bug and I believe that it will be fixed for 3.x versions with one of the next SP. There is no built in module that could resize the images during upload. You can find the following post useful.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  5. Tony Bolton
    Tony Bolton avatar
    33 posts
    06 Oct 2009
    03 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

That sounds good - when's 4.0 due for release, and will it be easy to 'upgrade' an existing site in development? (I'm developing the site, then once complete will purchase the license etc. for go-live, if that makes sense).

Regarding the image size that's a pity - it'd be easy to add routines to save the file in a specified height/width, perhaps it's worth including this in version 4?  The problem with just sticking the height and width into the returned HTML is the client obviously will have to download the original size image, which for thumbnails is a waste of bandwidth.

However thanks for the link - I could always resize on the fly but there's obviously a performance hit on the server.  Still, better than nothing ;)

Thanks again for your help!

Tony
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    03 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Tony Bolton,

There would not be any critical requirements to upgrade Sitefinity 3.6 or 3.7 based website to Sitefinity 4.0. Unfortunately the current implementation does not expose other option for resizing the image files during upload.
    We have handler that can be used to resize the image based on a QueryStrings - Extending Images and Documents Module

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered