4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Mike Lee
    Mike Lee avatar
    2 posts
    29 Apr 2010
    29 Apr 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi there,

I've gotten the redirects working on our site through the CMS. I am having trouble redirecting one link though. The homepage is "default.aspx" while the old homepage was "index.htm". I'm trying to redirect "index.htm" to "default.aspx" by going to the default.aspx page properties. I put in "~/index.htm" in the appropriate section but this doesn't do anything.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Mike
  2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    30 Apr 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Mike Lee,

Thank you for using our services.

If you have added the ~/index.htm as an additional URL for the ~/default.aspx in the page's properties section will not cause a 301 redirect but rather make the page available through that your. If you wish to have 301 redirect you will have to utilize our built in UrlRewriter. More information about working with it can be found here: URL Rewriting In Sitefinity.

You should create a rewrite rule which should look something like this:
    <urlrewrites>
        <rule mode="PermanentRedirect">
            <url>/index.htm</url>
            <rewrite>/default.aspx</rewrite>
        </rule>
    </urlrewrites>

Best wishes,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Mike Lee
    Mike Lee avatar
    2 posts
    29 Apr 2010
    30 Apr 2010
    Link to this post
    I'm under Page Properities > More Options > Page URLS. It shows the generated URL then has the options for "Another URL" under it you can click "Redirect to the default URL". So what you're saying is this really isn't a 301 redirect but rather a rewrite? If so shouldn't it be labelled as such as that's very confusing.

Please clarify.

Thanks
  4. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    03 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Mike Lee,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am sorry if you have clicked the Redirect to default check box then the site will respond with a 301 and redirect the user to the default url. This functionality is working without a problem. You can see the attached screencast. You can also try out the other suggestion from previous post.

Kind regards,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered