404 error when access the newly created page

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Andy
    Andy avatar
    4 posts
    13 Dec 2010
    05 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    I create a page group and add some pages under the group. in the very beginining, it works well when open the newly created pages. but several hours later, i run 404 error.
    But find out a way to resolve the issue: go to the newly created page(any one is ok) and use "Duplicate page" command, a another new page is copied and all other pages come back again.

so i guess there could be some issues here. does anyone run the issue before?

Thanks
  2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    05 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Andy,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please let us know the specific Sitefinity version you are using? Also how is your site set up? Is it on IIS (which version), or you are running it from the integrated Visual Studio WebDevelopment server. Also can you please check if there are any relevant error messages recorded in the ~/App_Data/sitefinity.log file?

Regards,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Andy
    Andy avatar
    4 posts
    13 Dec 2010
    06 Jan 2011
    Link to this post

thanks for your support!
    i use 3.7( 3.7.2057.2) and host cms on win2008 IIS.

i checed that file and found some exception and paste them here, can you please review and let me know how to further investige on the issue:

12/28/2010 2:48:01 PM [UNKNOWN]
    ************************************************************************************
    ID: 54370aec-8e50-4ad2-b839-fb9334f6794b; Code: 3005; Occurrence: 2; Sequence: 11970
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application information:
     Machine name: CMSSERVER
     OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
     Product Version: 3.7.2057.2
     Application Path: C:\business\
     Debug: False

Process information:
     Process ID: 2628
     Process Name: w3wp

Request information:
     Request URL: /business/sitefinity/admin/pages.aspx
     Rewrite URL: http://cmsserver/business/sitefinity/admin/pages.aspx
     Url Referrer: http://cmsserver/business/sitefinity/admin/pages.aspx?select=4df37def-3d56-40af-bf94-c1d426a69d36
     Is Authenticated: True
     Authentication Type: Forms
     User: mzhao
     User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; AskTbFXTV5/5.8.0.12304)
     User Address: 192.168.0.105

Variables:
     CmsHttpRequest: /business/sitefinity/admin/pages.aspx
     AspSessionIDManagerInitializeRequestCalled: True
     AspSession: System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState
     RadControlRandomNumber: 0

- L0 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception Type: Telerik.Cms.Exceptions.PageNotExistException

Message: Page with ID 'c4ca899b-a83b-4947-8358-3e24c751e971' does not exist!

Source: Telerik.Cms

Stack Trace:
       at Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.PageEditorBase.Select(Guid pageId)
       at Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.SiteMapPanel.submit_Command(Object sender, CommandEventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    06 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Andy,

Could you open the following table in your database -  sf_PageBase and check whether there is a record created for a page with ID - c4ca899b-a83b-4947-8358-3e24c751e971

SELECT TOP 1000 [Application]
          ,[ID]
          ,[Name]
          ,[LoweredName]
          ,[Ordinal]
          ,[ParentID]
          ,[ItemType]
      FROM [CMSDEV3].[dbo].[sf_PageBase]\
      Where ID  = 'c4ca899b-a83b-4947-8358-3e24c751e971'

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Andy
    Andy avatar
    4 posts
    13 Dec 2010
    06 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    thanks for your support.
    i checked that table, the record is in that table. (note, it is not the id"c4ca....". my meaning is the newly added page )

i want to get the latest exception from log file, then i rename sitefinity.log to sitefinity1.log and created a new file with name sitefinity.log.

when the issue happen, i cannot find any words the log file. then I guess the log i pasted in below thread is not the exception from my issue.

with more investigation on sf_pagebase table, i foud the group i created in the table, all subpages exist as well with the parentid linking to group id.

can you please suggest more to investigate the issue?

thanks
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    06 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Andy,

404 error is a common error and it meaning is that the page is not found or you do not have permissions to it. Could you try to run the issue through Visual Studio web server and see whether the problem persists, so this will eliminate some sever side settings. Please check whether you make some redirects, rewriting, forwarding. Unfortunately I am not able to replicate the issue locally and without having the project at my end it is hard to tell you what the actual problem is.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered