10 posts, 0 answered
  1. Jason
    Jason avatar
    23 posts
    17 Jun 2009
    20 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I am continually getting a 404 error stating that File not Found when i am trying to save settings to templates and sometimes it comes up when i am just trying to view a page.  My website is hosted on A SERVER and therefore none of the helps i have found apply as they point to local installations.  Also many of the helps are how to change the custom error screen.  I don't want to change how the error message LOOKS, i want to solve the problem please!

Currently running sitefinity 3.7 SP4 on .NET 4.0

Cheers
    Jason
  2. Jason
    Jason avatar
    23 posts
    17 Jun 2009
    21 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    No i get the 404 File not found error when i select a page on the dashboard (under what's been up lately).  

I hope that Telerik is still replying to help topics on 3.7?  

Thus far I have had no luck getting word from anyone.  

Please help :)
  3. Lubomir Velkov
    Lubomir Velkov avatar
    688 posts
    03 Nov 2014
    21 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Jason,

Since your project is on a server could you provide us with a link to your Backend and some credentials so we could login and investigate the problem ourselves. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
    Lubomir Velkov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  4. Jason
    Jason avatar
    23 posts
    17 Jun 2009
    22 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Lubomir,

Thank you for replying.  The site is www.jasonmitchell.co.nz/sitefinity and the special user i have created is telerik and is also telerik.  let me know if you need to get access to the web.config and i could send you ftp credentials in secure email?

Maybe to narrow it down further, i get the 404 error when i select the page from the dashboard or go to the 'pages' page and select the page from the center of screen area.  The only way to get into the page is by selecting the link on the left of screen (in the pages area).

Cheers
    Jason
  5. Jason
    Jason avatar
    23 posts
    17 Jun 2009
    22 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Just a thought, on my server control panel the current authentication is set to 'Forms' and usually it is 'Windows'.  I changed it and then I couldn't log into sitefinity at all!  Maybe I should nuke the site and re install with the authentication of the host set to 'Windows'?  I've attached 2 screenshots in case it's applicable to the error.
  6. Lubomir Velkov
    Lubomir Velkov avatar
    688 posts
    03 Nov 2014
    22 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Jason,

Well, could you first of all review this blog post -

http://www.sitefinitywatch.com/blog/09-05-04/Bullet_Proof_Guide_to_Installing_Sitefinity_3_x.aspx

it descibres in full detail how to install a web site project.

All the best,
    Lubomir Velkov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  7. Jason
    Jason avatar
    23 posts
    17 Jun 2009
    22 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    I appreciate that blog post, however that is instructions on a local server, mine is on the web.  I've installed it the same way i have done in many past experiences.
  8. Lubomir Velkov
    Lubomir Velkov avatar
    688 posts
    03 Nov 2014
    22 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Jason,

Ok in this case could you send us your web.config file and the logs that are generated for your application - this seems like some issue with the page URL format.

Regards,
    Lubomir Velkov
    the Telerik team
  9. Jason
    Jason avatar
    23 posts
    17 Jun 2009
    23 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi

It doesn't look like any logs have been generated.  Where would they be?

I have attached the web.config file and also a screenshot of the error.  I just tried re-installing sitefinity 3.7 with .NET 3.5 but still having the same problem.  Could it be a problem that my server host needs to fix?

Cheers
    Jason
  10. Jason
    Jason avatar
    23 posts
    17 Jun 2009
    26 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi,

The problem has been SOLVED!  I got my server host to disable URLscan and now it appears to be working just as it should.  Thank you for looking into the problem for me.

Cheers
    Jason
Register for webinar
10 posts, 0 answered