I have been working with Sitefinity to develop this
website. We tried to change the date format on the news module, and it worked, for a bit. However, after a few hours it changed back to the old way. We have also tried turning off news categories but they appear once again a few hours later after being turned off. The same thing has been happenning with the blog module, where links at the bottom for category, tags, author, and such keep reappearing after we have turned them off. When I go to edit those modules on the pages, the field are turned off, and all I have to do is make one simple change (for example turn author on and then turn it off again) and all the annoying "tokens" dissapear again, for a few hours before coming back. This has been a real pain, so is there a way I can fix this so they stay gone / changed permanently?
Example outline (to visualize what is hapenning):
1. News shows 7-11-08 3:42:07 for date, and category link at the bottom
2. I go into Sitefinity, change date format and turn off category link
3. Date shows July 11th, 2008 and category link is gone
4. A few hours later, news shows 7-11-08 3:42:07 for date, and category link at the bottom
5. I go into Sitefinity, turn the "View Author" on/off on news module
6. Date shows July 11th, 2008 and category link is gone
7. A few hours later, news shows 7-11-08 3:42:07 for date, and category link at the bottom
8. Repeat 5-7 indeffinetly
And the same happens for blogs, but I can make a change in either the blogs page module or the news page module and both are fixed.