+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Autopostback, extensionless URL, and IIS 6 result in 404

Autopostback, extensionless URL, and IIS 6 result in 404

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Michael
    Michael avatar
    15 posts
    11 Jul 2005
    23 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello,

I'm not sure this is a Sitefinity bug, so I'm creating a new thread in the hope someone has some info about this.

Sitefinity 3.7 SP2.

I have a <asp:RadioButtonList> with AutoPostBack="true". I also use extensionless URL, having IIS 6 404 set to go to URL /sf404.aspx.

On my form, my radio button has two choices, let say "Choice 1" and "Choice 2". "Choice 1" is selected by default. When I click on "Choice 2", the page post back and everything works fine. I then click on "Choice 1", that is when I get a 404 error.

I cannot reproduce this when running my Web site under IIS 7.5 (again with extensionless URL). Which makes me think this happens only with the combination of IIS 6 and extensionless URL. Maybe a bug in sf404.aspx implementation?

[I just thought of checking the source code]
    Under IIS 7.5: <form name="aspnetForm" method="post" action="MyWebPage.aspx" id="aspnetForm">
    Under IIS 6: <form name="aspnetForm" method="post" action="../MyWebPage" id="aspnetForm">

Why is the action different?

Thanks,
    Michael
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    26 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Michael Chan Fong,

It seems that in the IIS6 configuration, the requests are not going through our sf404 page - otherwise the form action would contain the sf404.

Can you please make sure that these request does indeed go to Asp.Net? What kind of 404 error are you getting, is it coming from IIS, or from Asp.Net?

Thank you in advance for any additional information that you can provide. 

Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Michael
    Michael avatar
    15 posts
    11 Jul 2005
    29 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Georgi,

I'll open a support ticket and provide more information there.

Thanks,
    Michael
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    30 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Michael Chan Fong,

Thanks, we will check it out as soon as possible. 

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered