+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Bug with content

Bug with content

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. Paul
    Paul avatar
    176 posts
    Registered:
    18 Nov 2008
    13 Jul 2009
    Link to this post

    Hi!

    Today I found strange bug with content. I change my content through HTML (update ordinary list to table) but after I save content It didn't update. I try to update page with content and open this page in all browsers but It didn't update (I tried all ways and after 1 hour). Only one thing helped me: I open this page in admin interface and make a little update in my content. After saving content became as I wish. Is this a bug in content system?

  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    14 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Paul,

    Can you please elaborate a bit more? Do you create the content in Generic Content control, or in a module? Also, what do you mean by "I open this page in admin interface and make", do you create the content outside of the admin?

    Detailed steps will be appreciated, and will help us to provide you with a better response.

    All the best,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Paul
    Paul avatar
    176 posts
    Registered:
    18 Nov 2008
    14 Jul 2009
    Link to this post

    Hi Georgi!

    Generic Content Item was created earlier. And after It was created I link this content with Generic Content Control on page while editing my page. Yesterday I changed my content item as usual (function "Edit content item" in admin inteface) but my changes didn't show on site. Only when I change my content item by editing page and further editing generic control item my content updates on site. I work with content items as usual through Sitefinity admin interface. What can cause this problem?

  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    16 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Paul,

    I think it is related to the cache, but unfortunately could not reproduce it locally.
    Can you please let me know what caching settings you are using, so I can use the same? Do you reproduce this constantly?

    Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  5. Paul
    Paul avatar
    176 posts
    Registered:
    18 Nov 2008
    16 Jul 2009
    Link to this post

    Hi Georgi!

    I am using standard settings for my page: Enable Caching is True, Use Default Settings is also True (120 sec). When I found this bug I try to clear my cache but It didn't help. Also I tried to open my page in other browsers but It didn't refresh. I don't reproduce it constantly. This bug appears twice: our content managers ask me to fix this bug. 

  6. Paul
    Paul avatar
    176 posts
    Registered:
    18 Nov 2008
    21 Jul 2009
    Link to this post

    Hi Georgi!

    Have you found any cause for my problem or it is just a bug of Sitefinity? Today our content managers meet this bug again.

  7. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    21 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Paul,

    I still cannot confirm this as a bug, at least, I am missing something from the instructions you gave me.
    Can you please disable the cache for this page, and check if this will make any difference. At least, we will know that this is a caching problem.

    Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

    Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Register for webinar
7 posts, 0 answered