Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Bug with SiteMenu/RadEditor

Bug with SiteMenu/RadEditor

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Joel
    Joel avatar
    10 posts
    04 Oct 2008
    09 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    I ran into a bug tonight (I believe it to be a bug). I was able to reproduce it multiple times. I have a SiteMenu control on my website. I didn't want any scripts to be loaded with the control, I just wanted a text menu with links to be displayed. When I drilled into the menu properties on the SiteMenu control and turned "EnableEmbeddedScripts" to False, I found that the RadEditor on my blogs commenting page stopped working. Perhaps disabling the scripts caused some type of conflict somewhere and that was not the proper way to handle this... but the fact one control affected the other threw me for a pretty good loop today. Hopefully you can reproduce and let me know where I went wrong.
  2. Pepi
    Pepi avatar
    981 posts
    20 Oct 2016
    13 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Joel,

    By default JavaScript files are served as web resources embedded in the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly. When EnableEmbeddedScripts property of a specific RadControl is set to false, some of these JavaScript files (note that some of the JavaScript files are common for all RadControls) will not be loaded from the assembly. Therefore that will break the proper functioning of the other RadControls on the page as well. For more details on this matter please refer to the following article: Disabling embedded resources

    Hope you will find the provided information helpful.

    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
2 posts, 0 answered