+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / clicking on blog categories or cloud results in 403 forbidden

clicking on blog categories or cloud results in 403 forbidden

8 posts, 1 answered
  1. Harry
    Harry avatar
    23 posts
    07 Aug 2008
    18 Feb 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi - I tried to find the answer to this in the forums, but I came up short.

When I click on one of category links or cloud in on the main blog page, the next page loads up with:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

How can I correct this?

Harry
  2. Harry
    Harry avatar
    23 posts
    07 Aug 2008
  3. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    18 Feb 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Harry,

Thank you for using our services.

Could you, please try to point the CategoryContentUrl and TaggedContentUrl properties of the Category List and Tag List controls to the Url of your blog page, where you want to display categorized or tagged posts. You can refer to attached images for guidance.

Greetings,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  4. Harry
    Harry avatar
    23 posts
    07 Aug 2008
    18 Feb 2010
    Link to this post
    Thank you for the reply - I have  a follow up question:
    I noticed you used blog1.aspx which is different than my page of blog.aspx. So, I need a separate page created? what control do I then put on the page to display the tag/category that the user clicked on?

I tried setting the URL to ~/blog.aspx, but it doesn't change the content.
  5. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    18 Feb 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Harry,

Blog1.aspx is just how the page is called on my end. It can be any page name. The page to which you point must have a content view control (Content View, News View, Blog Posts) on it in order to be able to display the categorized content. In your case on the ~/blog.aspx page you should add Blog Posts control.

All the best,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  6. Harry
    Harry avatar
    23 posts
    07 Aug 2008
    18 Feb 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Radoslav,

I hate to keep bothering you - is there documentation anywhere on how to use the blog control?

Yes, I do have a blog posts control on that page. It currently lists the summary of the last few blog posts. How do I get it to display what was clicked on from the category or tag list? Right now, it just won't change.

Harry

7. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    18 Feb 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Harry,

Make sure that the CategoryKey adn TagKey in the Category List and Tag List controls match the Query String Key settings from the blog post control. Those can be modified in any way

Regards,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Answered
  8. Harry
    Harry avatar
    23 posts
    07 Aug 2008
    18 Feb 2010
    Link to this post
    Thank you very much - that did the trick!
Register for webinar
8 posts, 1 answered