+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Error upgrading to Sitefinity 3.6 SP1

Error upgrading to Sitefinity 3.6 SP1

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Isaac
    Isaac avatar
    63 posts
    Registered:
    01 Dec 2008
    28 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    All,

    I have a working (mostly, see my other posts in these forums) 3.6 Hotfix site.  In hopes of fixing the errors I've been having I was trying to upgrade to 3.6 SP1.  But when I delete the current 3.6 Hotfix website and copy the new 3.6 SP1 files out to the site, I get the following error:

    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed

    This occurs in Internet Explorer when trying to access the site.  I've turned off Health Monitoring in the web.config and that didn't change anything.  I've been trying different things for several hours now and am getting a bit frustrated.  When I try in visual studio I've seen the error crop up in two different places, first is on Line 5 of the /App_Browsers/BrowserFile.browser file, but also online 162 of the web.config file.

    Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this would be appreciated.

    Thank you

    -nathan
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    09 Dec 2016
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Nathan,

    Could you send us the stack trace of the error you are getting. Is this occurs on your dev machine or on the host server after uploading?

    Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Isaac
    Isaac avatar
    63 posts
    Registered:
    01 Dec 2008
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Ivan,

    Thank you very much for your quick response.  I should have thought to include the stack trace in the original post, sorry about that.  Here it is:

    [SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +62
       System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +42
       System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +77
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +105
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +64
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    09 Dec 2016
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Nathan,

    Generally the error is thrown when you are trying to run the website in medium trust environment, but it has not been configured properly. If you have done this in accordance to our UserManaul, the problem could be at your host provider settings for medium trust, which are different from the default one for IIS where reflection to the public properties is allowed.

    All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  5. Isaac
    Isaac avatar
    63 posts
    Registered:
    01 Dec 2008
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Ivan,

    Thank you for your response.  I've set everything in the web config to be like it says for Medium Trust in the user manual, and I still get the error.  What is strange to me is that the 3.6 Hotfix site doesn't have any of the medium trust changes, it uses PageWorkFlow and has Health Monitoring enabled (the 3 AllowWorkFlows are false and the SitefinityXML line is commented out) and the site works fine.  Its when I copy in the Sitefinity 3.6 SP1 files that I get this error, even with the medium trust changes applied.

    I'll work with the sysadmin, but any further pointers would definitely be appreciated.

    Thank you

    -nathan
  6. Isaac
    Isaac avatar
    63 posts
    Registered:
    01 Dec 2008
    29 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    I'm not sure what the problem wound up being, but I did find a workaround.  I downloaded the full 3.6 SP1 executable and installed it on my local machine.  I had it generate a website locally.  After going through the configuration for the local website, I copied the entire site's folder out to our test server, and wa-la it worked.  I appear to have a functioning installation of 3.6SP1 at this point.

    Must have been some oddity of using the black project download versus generating the project through the manager.  Just glad to have it up and working.
Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered