+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Exception: The entry 'PageIndex' has already been added web.config line 251

Exception: The entry 'PageIndex' has already been added web.config line 251

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. Damian
    Damian avatar
    42 posts
    25 Mar 2008
    24 Sep 2008
    Link to this post
    I am getting the following exception in 3.2 SP2 HF1616.

Has anyone come across it and does anyone know how to fix it.

I have tried to recreate the search index.

Am I okay to remove the line from the web.config ?

Thanks

Damian
  2. Nikola
    Nikola avatar
    51 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    26 Sep 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Damian,

Removing the line from the web.config will make the PageIndex unavailable in the Administration > Services > Search. And you won't be able to use when creating indexes.

Could you please provide us with some more details on your scenario and settings. Thanks

Sincerely yours,
    Nikola
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Jackson
    Jackson avatar
    51 posts
    23 May 2008
    08 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    I just started to get this same error.  I haven't made any changes.  I can't access the search page in services to edit my search index either.  Any solutions so I can get back to my website, no pages will load.
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    11 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Chris Morrow,

Could you please open a new support thread and attach the web.config file to it?
    Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. Adam
    Adam avatar
    1 posts
    26 Jan 2009
    17 Mar 2009
    Link to this post
    I saw the same error when I accidentally had two web applications configured in IIS pointing to the same Sitefinity website.

The error is not intuitive, but I verified that was the cause.
  6. Gabe Sumner
    Gabe Sumner avatar
    440 posts
    09 Sep 2007
    26 Aug 2009
    Link to this post
    I fought with this error as well.  My solution was similar, but a bit different, to Adam's solution.

In my case, I had Sitefinity installed to: C:\inetpub\wwwroot

Then I had another Sitefinity web site installed to: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SitefinityCommunityEdition

The 2nd Sitefinity web site existed as its own application in IIS, but I was still getting interference between these 2 Sitefinity installations. When I removed the Sitefinity installation from C:\inetpub\wwwroot the error (and duplicated PageIndex provider) disappeared.

I also noticed the error can be corrected by giving the PageIndexer a new name (PageIndex2) in the 2nd Sitefinity web site's web.config:

<indexClients> 
      <add name="PageIndex2" type="Telerik.Cms.Search.PageIndexProvider, Telerik.Cms" settingsControl="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.PageIndexSettings, Telerik.Cms" viewSettingsControl="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.SearchViewControl, Telerik.Cms" description="Provides indexing services for CMS Pages." /> 
    </indexClients> 

This is not a great solution though.  It's better to setup an environment where the two Sitefinity web sites aren't interferring with each other.

Gabe Sumner
    http://www.sitefinitywatch.com/
  7. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    27 Aug 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello,

Please check the following blog post - http://www.kowitz.net/archive/2007/05/16/stopping-asp.net-web.config-inheritance.aspx
    This will help you fix the configuration issues when you have parent/child application environment. 

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Register for webinar
7 posts, 0 answered