+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / exception trying to integrate asp.net role and membership providers (Sitefinity 4.0.992.0)

exception trying to integrate asp.net role and membership providers (Sitefinity 4.0.992.0)

1 posts, 0 answered
  1. John
    John avatar
    1 posts
    20 Dec 2010
    20 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi I'm getting an exception trying to integrate asp.net role and membership providers --
    Invalid type specified Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.MembershipDataProvider
    I'm getting this error with Sitefinity 4.0.992.0. I'm trying to use the aspnet role and membership tables.
    The sitefinity tables are in the same database as the aspnet role and membership tables. The following are the steps taken which
    result in an exception shown below.

Under Security
    In Membership Providers > Create New
    Name: AspNetMembershipProvider
    Description:
    ResourceClassId:
    ProviderType: Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.SitefinityMembershipProvider
    Version:

In Membership Providers > Create New
    Name: AspNetMembershipProvider
    Description:
    ResourceClassId:
    ProviderType: Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.SitefinityMembershipProvider
    Version:

In Role Providers > Create New
    Name: AspNetRoleProvider
    Description:
    ResourceClassId: Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.SitefinityRoleProvider
    ProviderType:
    Version:

No back under security I set I changed DefaultBackendRoleProvider and DefaultBackendMembershipProvider from Default to the following  
    DefaultBackendRoleProvider - AspNetRoleProvider
    DefaultBackendMembershipProvider - AspNetMembershipProvider

Not sure if I need to change DefaultSecurityProvider which is left as OpenAccessDataProvide. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Sean

The following is the exception I get when I try to login:

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid type specified Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.MembershipDataProvider

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid type specified Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.MembershipDataProvider]
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +2216
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +74
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +214

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
       System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, RuntimeType declaringType) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +517
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +753
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser(String membershipProviderName, String userName, String password, Boolean persistent, User& user) +50
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.LoginForm_Authenticate(Object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) +240
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +166
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +93
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +52
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

1 posts, 0 answered