22 Aug 2012
24 Feb 2009
Link to this post
We just discovered a problem with using extensionless urls. We are using v3.5 so this may have already been addressed and fixed.
The problem we discovered is when we setup a site to use extension less urls and the page we requested was two levels deep and not a page group, rather a normal page. (Ex: http://www.example.com/level1/level2) Here requesting the level2 page without the ".aspx" resolves in the page rendering the content but the problem is that the paths to the css files in the "App_Themes" folder is not taking into consideration for the second level page. The "src" for the css files are src="App_Themes/Theme/file.css" instead of src="../App_Themes/Theme/file.css". When adding the ".aspx" extension to the page, the page will render correctly with the source to the css files pathed correctly.