+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Infinite Loading Image / issue with async calls

Infinite Loading Image / issue with async calls

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Ray
    Ray avatar
    15 posts
    Registered:
    09 Jul 2008
    23 Jun 2009
    Link to this post
    I was running version 3 .6 Hotfix of Sitefinity and  things were working fine and then I recently upgraded to 3 .6 SP2 and it seems that certain items that use a loaded image  or  async methods don't work right. 

    *When i click to expand a page in the page section the loading image will spin but not load child pages. I actually have to click on the page itself to get to sub pages
    *When editing the setting for an image gallery control only some  of the galleries will load in  "which images to display ", the rest of the names of galleries will say "loading". (This is weird because the blogcontrol works fine with loading the blog lists)
    * Also when using the lightbox feature, I click on the image it acts like it's going to load an image by greying out the screen and showing the loading image but it just stays there.

    I am thinking I might have just not copied a file over or something in the upgrade but I have checked over everything to make sure, and I havent really found what that file could be. Anyone ever run into this problem before or have any suggestions.
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    25 Jun 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Ray,

    If I should be honest with you, we receive such a report for the first time. The issues does seems strange though. Are there any errors in the Sitefinity.log file? Do you see any peaks in the CPU usage or strange behavior of IIS in the same time?

    Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Ray
    Ray avatar
    15 posts
    Registered:
    09 Jul 2008
    26 Jun 2009
    Link to this post
    I figured out what was going on. I went change by change through the web.config and found that a httpmodule I had added to remove the name attribute from the form field for html validation purposes was the culprit.
     And as for lightbox, that had to do with some url rewriting changes I had made that hadn't fully updated across the board.
    Sorry to be a bother, but thanks for getting back to me.
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    26 Jun 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Ray,

    I am glad that everything is fine. If there were no errors in the log file, I would seriously think to what else to suggest.

    Have a great weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered