We have recently upgraded to Sitefinity Version 3.5. In this new version, it appears that there may be an issue with the Insert a Link dialog (LinksEditorDialog.ascx), when referencing a File.Steps to Re-produce Issue:
1. In Edit mode on a Page, click Edit on a Generic Content module.
2. Select the text that you would like to create a link for (in this case "NEW LINK")
3. On the editor toolbar, click the Insert Link button
4. In the Insert a link dialog, click "Select a page from this site"
5. In the Select a link dialog, click the Files tab and then click the Files directory
6. Select any file to link to (ex: .pdf, .jpg, .gif, etc)
7. With the file selected, click the I'm Done button
The issue appears after clicking the I'm Done button. The URL address field contains "undefined" instead of the URL to the file that was selected. I have also tried editing an existing link (instead of creating a new one), and produced the same results.
I was able to re-produce this issue in both IE 7 and Firefox 3. Please tell me that the Telerik Sitefinity Team is already aware of this issue and that we can look for a fix in the first Service Pack for 3.5.
Thanks for the support,