06 Oct 2006
01 Jul 2008
Link to this post
Some time ago I've set up page using
3 .1 SP2 on shared hosting enviromen, using medium trust support. I've set it up like suggested - first on localhost, enabling all modules, then copied everything on remore host.
the site worked fine for about 4 months, then security exception occured - something about medium hosting enviroment and not enough rights.
I wrote to server suport, and all they did, they renamed Global.asax to Global.asax_old and the site was up and running .... for a day than it crashed again. Now It works for about a day, then it throws security exception again. I rename Global.asax and It works again. I noticed that also if I change something in web.config it starts to work again.
It looks to me like some script wants to do some functionality not allowed by medium trust, but not all the time, just about in a day interval.
Have any quick solutions. I realy don't wanna set up everithing again in localhost and then copy on remote, since the page has quite a lot of data (pages, news) entered by now.