OK, so this gets stranger:
I went to folder that contains Projects.xml, selected the file then copy/pasted it directly into the directory. Then I opened up the copy and much to my surprise and shock, there were duplicate entries! Not believing what I just saw, I opened up the original file...no duplicates were there! So somehow, somewhere, the original xml was still there even though it really wasn't (confusing...it confuses me too). So after editing the copy of the original Projects.xml to remove the duplicate entries, I renamed it to Projects.xml and viola! No more duplicates.
I am still baffled at what just happened here, but I figured I would share this information with everyone.