After tweaking following areas of migration utility
1. Instead of returning false on private bool ImportPages() function I continued importing my pages
2. public static void AddPermissionForEveryone<CT>(IList<CT> controls, PageManager pageManager) catch object reference error and logged it as MigrationLogger.AppendLogMessage("<b class=\"ErrorMessage\">" + ex.Message + "</b>");
3. Changed other Places to fix some issues
the utility worked and imported the controls but I am facing few issues with migrated site
1. My theme is not migrated and the pages are displayed without any theme
2. Most of my controls are using another control as reference but those are commented out in migration site as below. Due to this none of my user control working properly. Any reason behind commenting out this code? I am having hundreds of user control and uncommenting and testing this out would be little cumbersome .
<%-- <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="CartGrid" Src="CartGrid.ascx" %> --%>
<%-- <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="Framework.Web.eBusiness" Assembly="EBusinessUser" %> --%>
3. For some controls I am getting error as
Error adding ~/UserControls/Web_Articles/WebArticles.ascx to placeholder NewsList
Error message: External component has thrown an exception.
Error migrating control of type Telerik.Search.WebControls.SearchBox, Telerik.Search, Version=3.2.1747.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfeaee0e3978ac79 - not supported
Thank you in advance for looking into this. let me know your comments.