+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Vista Issues

Vista Issues

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. Alistair
    Alistair avatar
    8 posts
    Registered:
    29 Mar 2008
    22 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi,

    I'm running version 3.2 on my vista development machine and I'm having problems creating projects.  I created a company project, and it only contains the physical files Default.aspx, global.asax and web.config (The other folders are there) - even though the database thinks the other pages (News, events etc) are there.  If I try and add a page, I get

     

    Server Error in '/PSA2' Application.


    The resource cannot be found.

    I suspect it must be a permissions problem as the page is being added to the database, but no physical aspx page gets created.  IIS is running as Local System - I've even gone so far as to grant everyone full permissions on the website folders, but it's still not working.

    Do you have anything you can suggest I check?

    Cheers, Alistair Ashcroft

  2. Alistair
    Alistair avatar
    8 posts
    Registered:
    29 Mar 2008
    22 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Also, some other information that may be useful to identify the problem.

    When I create a site, I enter the name and the site begins to create.  It then comes up telling me it is successful (and the website exists under IIS), but it doesnt prompt me for the database connection or the admin user details.  I can get those to work by linking directly to the wizard.

    Following on from that, if I try and edit the single default.aspx page I dont get any of the toolbars allowing me to edit.  Its like I have no permissions?

    My machine has UAC disabled permenantly, and thats definitly how it was when I installed SF 3.2.

    Thanks, Al
  3. Alistair
    Alistair avatar
    8 posts
    Registered:
    29 Mar 2008
    22 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Also, I just told it to install the TIU default website, and that is simply the default blank website, and again I have no permissions.  Something is screwey with my install.

    Regards, Al
  4. Nikifor
    Nikifor avatar
    232 posts
    Registered:
    18 May 2013
    24 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Alistair,

    Actually, this problem is caused by the misconfiguration of the IIS when running Sitefinity under Windows Vista. For a detailed explanation of the exact issue and a fix for it, please visit our online Troubleshooting resource: Cannot log in a new project

    Hope this helps.

    Kind regards,
    Nikifor
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  5. Alistair
    Alistair avatar
    8 posts
    Registered:
    29 Mar 2008
    26 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Nikifor,

    Thanks for the response.  It's still not working for me though.  I have the Telerik and SiteFinity sites both running under Classic .NET App Pool.  If I check the basic settings and choose "Test Settings", Authentication and Authorization both work.  I then do the same for SiteFinity website, and they both work as well.  If I check the authentication permissions for SiteFinity website it shows ASP.NET Impersonation enabled and Windows Authentication enabled - same for Telerik.

    If I check the App Pool, It is set as described (v. 2.0.50727) Classic pipeline mode.  If I check the advanced settings - I dont have the option to allow 32 bit apps to run - but then I am running 32 bit vista, so I wouldnt expect it.

    If I create a project, it appears to create fine until I click administer, and instead of getting the select database dialog, I simply get a view of one of the default page in the website (and it isnt the default page based on the type of project, always just the same standard page).

    Any other ideas greatly appreciated.  By the way, my machine is running with UAC disabled.

    Thanks and Regards, Al
  6. Alistair
    Alistair avatar
    8 posts
    Registered:
    29 Mar 2008
    27 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Nikifor,

    OK, I have tracked down what the problem was.  I had my IIS configured as your documentation says: Telerik and SF3.2 Sites are configured to use Classic .NET App Pool, pool is configured as you say.

    The issue is the new website that gets created doesnt get put into the Classic App pool (because my machines default app pool is not the Classic one), so the website creates, then when I click administer, it fails to ask about database and admin accounts.  Even running the 1st page manually (after changing the app pool to the correct one didnt work).

    If I create the website, then manually change the app pool to be the correct pool BEFORE clicking administer this works. You might want to add a check to your documentation suggesting people check this.  Changing after choosing Administer made no difference.

    Thanks for your help too.

    Regards, Al
  7. Ivan
    Ivan avatar
    478 posts
    Registered:
    16 Jun 2015
    28 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Alistair,

    first of all, we are very glad you were able to track down the problem and resolve it. I've already made the draft for putting this into documentation, so thanks for that. Also, we'll try to provide a more subtle solution to this problem, since it is understanable that it has a potential to be very annoying to our users.

    Once again, thank you for posting your findings.

    All the best,
    Ivan
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Register for webinar
7 posts, 0 answered